Monday, March 26, 2007

Final Four is set, so where's my money?

Mr. West, unlike Mr. East currently living in Japan, has been following college hoops this year. And, like all of you, I filled out more than one NCAA bracket. In all of them, I have at least 3 of the final 4 teams. And in the big money pool, I got the entire Elite 8 correct plus the entire Final Four. A bragging genius? Well, yes, but that's not the point.

This year is perhaps the rarest of years when it comes to top seeds winning. Through the Sweet 16, the only #1 or #2 seed to lose was Wisconsion, with top seeds going 22-1 or so up until that point. Wow. So chances are you, me and my mom all have Florida, Ohio State and maybe UNC or G'Town in our brackets, and UCLA is not so uncommon.

So the question I have is this: does Las Vegas have bracket pools or is it simpl game-by-game betting? Someone who gambles please let us know so we can fool ourselves we would have won money. Thanks in advance!

No comments: