Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fantasy Dicks

I was browsing the "new" NBA website recently and they've definitely stepped up their fantasy section this season. They almost ignored fantasy for a long time, but with the Yahoo league success it seems like they couldn't afford to get scooped on their own league anymore.

They imported a lot of blog guys to be their "experts" and there are more than a few names floating around at NBA.com from the small-ish fantasy blogs that I used to read. Looks like they get their 15 minutes of broadband fame after anonymously hacking out fantasy opinions for a few years.
The biggest dicks by far, that MUST be mocked hard at East versus West, are NBA.com's Rick Kamla and formerly respectable Matthew Berry of The Talented Mr. Roto. If you click here and look in the right hand margin, you'll see a section called "Resource Center". In that section there's a link to "NBA TV Previews". Watch all four 10 minute segments when you get a chance and tell me that you don't want to kill both of these guys.

Berry is actually smart. He has an idea. The PGs and PFs strategy that Mr. West employs is his mainstay and he actually knows his shit. He's just a regular slob that is way too into Fantasy Basketball like us. Too bad he's trying to polish his turd ass image to fit into the NBA "thing". He sounds like every other "too clever for his own good" SportsCenter host without the suit and the bad haircut.

The 1st person I will feed to alligators in life will be Rick Kamla. First, he doesn't know shit about fantasy hoops. He's the dickhead that picks Steve Francis with the 6th pick because he was a student at U of Maryland when Francis was playing there.....you know what I mean. He also fake laughs at everything Berry says, AND at everything he says himself. He puts on that SportsCenter voice like he's a legit broadcaster and like his opinion is worth two shits. He's the annoying guy that shows up once a month at the weekly hoops game and argues about everything. As I said, I will make him reptile bait.

Anyway, watch the segments. The info that Mr. Roto gives is decent, if annoying (He LOVES every player).

Mr. East

2 comments:

El Phenom said...

I actually happen to know Rick pretty well, and he knows his shit. He's also a damn cool guy who can straight-up ball. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I had to back up my boy.

Mike Plugh said...

Rick is probably a cool guy...as are many tv personalities. I just can't get with the whole shouting at the camera, SportCenter voice thing.

Plus, I happened to disagree with a lot of his fantasy ideas.

All in all, my rips on him are just for shits and giggles. He's a target cause he's successful and I'm sitting at my keyboard in my pajamas eating Milk Duds....