Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mr. West's Money

I admit ... I have a gambling problem. My problem is that I don't gamble on sports, namely the NBA. Distrustful of online gambling and stuck in NYC, sports betting is literally thousands of miles from me. But the one thing I believe I am good at is picking how well NBA teams will do over the course of the season: wins and losses.

Taking $10,000 imaginary dollars, let's place these following bets:

Celtics: 36.5 wins
UNDER- second easiest bet, no fucking way do these kids win more games than last year in a more competitive East. I also foresee one Paul Pierce injury for 8-10 games sinking this team fully).

Pistons: 50.5 wins
OVER- they won 64 last year. Is Ben Wallace worth 14 games by himself? No.)

Warriors: 37 wins
UNDER- oh please, this team has no idea how to win ballgames in a strong West).

Rockets: 47.5
UNDER- too many injuries I predict and they only won 34 games last year)

Clippers: 47
OVER- oh yes, they will exceed 47 wins, heck, they won 47 last year alone)


Utah: 40.5

OVER- easily will exceed 40 wins with a healthy line-up or any line-up this year)

Wizards: 40 wins
OVER- hoping they will win north of 40 as they kept the same line-up and should mildly improve).

Easiest route is to place $5,000 on the Celtics to win less than 37 wins and for the Jazz to win more than 40. I need a sugardaddy.

No comments: